All riders MUST have the following gear.
- Damage free BSI, ECE, DOT or SNELL full-face helmet with face shield. (flip-up or modular full face helmets are not allowed at MSR (Cresson) or any track in Levels 2 or 3)
- After-market Helmet quick release systems are prohibited.
- Helmet cameras are prohibited at MSR Cresson (anything not manufactured as part of the helmet or after-market attached to the helmet is prohibited at MSR Cresson). Helmet cameras at MSR Houston or COTA must be incorporated with an audio system that is securely attached to the helmet using mechanical (clamping system with screws/bolts) means. Adhesive mounts are prohibited. The only cam that we are aware of that meets this criteria is the Sena unit.
- Riding boots that fully cover the ankle and extend upwards at least 3".
- Gauntlet style motorcycle gloves with full wrist coverage extending past the wrist.
- Riding Suit (one of the following)
- One piece leather suit
- Two piece leather suit (Two piece leather suits must zip together for Novice, Intermediate or Advanced groups)
- Ballistic nylon suits such as Joe Rocket, AeroStitch etc. are only acceptable in the Novice Group provided they are either one piece or two piece that zip together with 50% zipper contact, reinforced and padded shoulders, elbows, hips, and knee areas