CMRA Race License Course
Interested in racing? Take your CMRA race license course with RideSmart!
The CMRA race licensing course is intended for those riders in the Advanced group (or Experienced at certain events) that are interested in going racing with the CMRA (Central Motorcycle Roadracing Association). Before taking the RideSmart CMRA race licensing course, it is highly encouraged that you are very comfortable with the Advanced Group experience which includes all requirements set for riding in the Advanced group.
The CMRA race license course can be added to certain Advanced (or Experienced at some events) track days or at the CMRA Race Practice dates. Just add the course as an option to your purchase on events where it is offered (we do require a minimum number of sign-ups to hold the class. If you have registered and the minimum is not met, we'll notify you via email).
- The process of obtaining your license is a multi-stage process.
- Sign up for Advanced group (at some venues Experienced may also be offered) and add CMRA course to the purchase OR sign up for License School on a CMRA Practice Day (you must be an Experienced or Advanced level rider).
- Attend the event and pass the written test given during the event. Don't crash during any of the sessions.
- Successfully complete the mock race at the event without crashing.
- You will then receive a completion certificate for submission to the CMRA.
- Submit the certificate with appropriate fees to the CMRA.
- Follow CMRA's additional instructions to complete process (which will include corner-working 2 CMRA events, and successfully completing 2 Provisional Novice race weekends of a minimum of 2 races each without crashing).
Good luck in your CMRA racing adventures!