Level 3: Advanced
Our Level 3-Advanced group is intended for the club racer, very accomplished track rider and students taking the Advanced Rider's Course. The seat time required in L2-Intermediate to ride in L3-Advanced varies greatly from rider to rider. There is no set number of L2-Intermediate track days you must complete to ride in L3-Advanced. However, you must request evaluation by the lead instructor in L2-intermediate prior to moving to/registering for L3-Advanced or participate in the Advanced Riders Course for instruction and evaluation.
The following criteria must be met to ride in the L3-Advanced Group:
- Comfortable with close-proximity passes which includes inside passing in corners; and
- Comfortable with high rates of speed and hard braking; and
- Maintain proper body position, braking control, throttle control, holding the RACE line, staying predictable and other riding techniques presented in L1 and L2 classes; and
- Adhere to all rules pertinent to the group; and
- Maintain a consistent lap time that is at or faster than the times set forth below:
- MSRH - 2:00 Minutes
- TWS - 2:12 Minutes
- ECR - 2:15 Minutes
- MSRC - 1:35 Minutes
Due to closing speed differentials, lightweight class bikes are not allowed in L3-Advanced group, irrespective of lap times.
Failure to meet these requirements may result in being bumped out of the L3-Advanced group. Riders not keeping the pace and/or riding erratic lines will be policed out and returned to the L2-Intermediate Group pending space availability. If no space in is available in Level 2, you will be asked to wait until a spot becomes available. If a spot does not become available you will not be permitted to ride and no refunds will be given.
Riders in this group MUST wear a back protector.