- You must:
- Have 6 months street riding experience.
- Have a minimum of 5000 miles riding experience.
- Have basic familiarity with motorcycle operation.
- Be comfortable riding at or above highway speeds.
- Adhere to all rules pertinent to the group.
- Be on a standard, cruiser, touring, or a non-sportbike motorcycle.
If you are on a standard motorcycle, a cruiser, or a touring bike, this class is for you! This class will improve your "Sunday morning ride" skills..
Backroad Skills group receives free class room and on-track instruction, including critiquing of on-track skills with video. The class room sessions are MANDATORY. Instructors will accompany riders on all track sessions. During your classroom and on-track sessions you will learn the line-building technique, proper use of the throttle, braking, as well as basic cornering techniques and body positioning. This class is designed for standard, cruiser, or touring bikes (sportbikes are not allowed without special permission).
We do require a minimum number of participants to hold this exclusive class. If the class does not meet this number, we will offer you the choice to still attend, but you will be combined with our normal sportbike riders.
Class for 2018 will be available on September 9 on the 1.3 mile track at Cresson.